Sunday, September 9, 2007

Celebrate the Author Challenge

For my first challenge, I'm going to participate in Becky's Celebrate the Author Challenge. This challenge runs all of the 2008 calendar year. I had a lot of fun debating about which authors I'm going to read, and I think I came up with a variety of choices and alternates. I've read at least one novel by each of these authors except Robert Jordan. Some of them are favorites from childhood; others are authors I've discovered within the last few years. I'm looking forward to starting the challenge in January.

January
: Diana Gabaldon
Alternates: Robert Cormier, A. A. Milne

February: E.L. Konigsburg
Alternates: Meg Cabot, William Sleator

March: Ezra Jack Keats
Alternates: Carl Hiaasen, John Updike

April: Anne McCaffrey
Alternates: Maude Hart Lovelace, Shakespeare, Barbara Kingsolver

May: Scott Westerfeld
Alternates: Arthur Conan Doyle, Willo Davis Roberts

June: Sarah Dessen
Alternates: Dorothy Gilman, Dorothy Sayers

July: Beatrix Potter
Alternates: Chris Crutcher, Sharon Creech, Emily Bronte

August: Walter Dean Myers
Alternates: Karen Hesse, P.L. Travers

September: Joan Aiken
Alternates: H.A. Rey, William Faulkner

October: James Herriot
Alternates: Robert Jordan, Anne Perry

November: Madeleine L’Engle
Alternates: C.S. Lewis, Louisa May Alcott, Margaret Atwood, Frances Hodgson Burnett

December: Shirley Jackson
Alternate: Jane Austen

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great list! I may have to switch my June to Sarah Dessen. I have so many of hers that I haven't blogged about yet that I read years and years ago. I just love Dessen. And I think she'll have a new book next year :)

I'm sure my list will change a dozen times along the way!