Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dilemmas

My favorite day of the school year has arrived (actually it arrived this past Friday).  My book shipment with this year's new books came in.  I now have about 200 books on my to-read pile (that in addition to the 30 or so on my shelf downstairs).   I've already read three of the books and I loved two of them and liked one of them.  My problem?  Having time to write decent reviews at Christmastime when I don't even have one present wrapped.  Hopefully I can make time over the next week or so to get them done.  So that I won't get too far behind, I've started Ken Follett's new book, World Without End -- that should take several days to read.

3 comments:

Jen Robinson said...

I am really looking forward to World without End, Paige. Pillar of the Earth is one of my all-time favorite books. I downloaded both on MP3 from Audible, but when I think I'm going to have time to listen to them (I don't commute, and my walking has been cut back because of an injury) I do NOT know.

Paige Y. said...

Jen,

If you liked Pillars of the Earth, you'll like this one as well. I stayed up past midnight Friday night to finish it. I love well-researched historical fiction and this book was a true pleasure to read.

Jen Robinson said...

Thanks, Paige! I'm glad that you liked it. Sounds like just the thing to get me exercising again. I like historical fiction if it's well-done, too.