Sunday, January 31, 2010

What I Read in January

I have read 12 books during the month of January – pretty good for me. Almost all of the books are young adult or children’s books. I do need to read more adult books, but right now the pile of books at school is what is calling the loudest. I don’t review all the books I read, just the ones I liked or feel I have something substantive to talk about. Here’s what I got read this month (if I reviewed it, I linked to the review):

Young Adult and Children’s Fiction:

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott – I liked this one but never got around to reviewing it.

Purge by Sarah Littman Darer

The Comet’s Curse by Dom Testa

After the Train by Gloria Whelan

The Youngest Templar: Keeper of the Grail by Michael Spradlin

The Battle for Duncragglin by Andrew H. Vanderwal

Lost and Found by Andrew Clements

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Young Adult and Children’s Nonfiction

You Wouldn’t Want to Meet a Body Snatcher by Fiona MacDonald – this is a great series to booktalk

Getting to Know Your Toilet: The Disgusting Story behind Your Home’s Strangest Feature by Connie Colwell Miller – this one is going to fly off my shelves when I booktalk it – gross stuff is always popular

Graphic Novels

The Elsewhere Chronicles: The Shadow Door by Nykko

Adult Nonfiction

A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle – Boy, do I want to go back to France now!

2 comments:

Quran said...

The more you will read the more knowledge you will get.Reading is an important tool for people of many societies, allowing them to access information which might have otherwise been unavailable.

Best SEO Company in Chandigarh said...

its really very nice. thank you for this knowledge.